I particularly love her suggestion to put a table next to our grand window in the family room.
The toys lined up along the fireplace hearth especially give that "lived in" look, don't you think?
Most importantly - we raised over $1400! I had a reach-for-the-stars goal of $1500 - but am very happy with this result, of course. This does not include those donations that people said they will mail in, so perhaps we will get closer to the goal. The stomach bug was running rampant, so 6 guests canceled at the last minute. Some people who I really wanted there didn't make it to the party, which was really sad for me. I tried not to let it dampen my spirits though. Those who did make an effort to be here seemed to have a really good time which made me feel terrific. The fact that the charity will get a little boost makes it totally worthwhile.
Zach did fantastic at the party! A year ago, he would have clung to me or Steve throughout the whole event. He ran through the crowd of legs, ate food, and we even had a mini playdate with a little guy, also 3 years old who so desperately wanted a little boy to play with. Great exposure to a social situation. Playdates were arranged for this week of vacation - an added bonus.
40 is the beginning of my new stage in life - and I am happy that I started it with trying to do something beneficial to others. Glad to see others out there care enough about me and the charity to make the effort. This sort of support really gives me a boost to figure out life in my new role as a stay at home mom to a special needs child and advocate. I hope I can learn more humility and the ability to give more selflessly in this next new phase. I am, after all, a work in progress, just like Zach!
3 comments:
The party sounds great, and your house looks beautiful. I hope that you will have lots of happy days here and a good decade ahead of you.
I love that window!! So glad the party went well.
Happy to hear that the party went so well! Side note: love the "Everyone is gifted" placard. :-)
Post a Comment