Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!

So, yesterday we received a copy of the 100 day kit from Autism Speaks, an autism advocacy organization . Much of the information, we were already aware of. However, I still recommend for those with a new diagnosis to get a copy as a primer on what to do with a new diagnosis. Its a concise and easy read that offers suggestions and a road map for getting started with treatment. Also a good resource to photo copy out of when you want to relay information to loved ones who would like to help.

While at work, Zach played on the computer with his Babcia Morphet and Aunt Cindy who came into town for the holidays. Apparently, the screen saver came on the computer at some point, and Zach said to his Babcia "Oh -look at that." Cool cool cool.

Zach quickly adjusted to having his Grandma added into the house, and his Aunt Cindy too. We are just really sad that Uncle Mark won't be able to join us for Christmas - he was sick and unable to make the 7 hour drive. This has Sophie sad since she was excited about having her "new" Uncle Mark around to play with.

Today I contacted the Central New York Developmental Disabilities Services Office for an intake for services for Zach. I am not even sure what this is going to get him, but we will find out.

The problem right now is that everyone wants to see the evaluation report from Yale. I am guessing that we won't be receiving it until after the new year. Uugghh.

It appears that a diagnosis (or dx as I may refer to it) is so critical to getting him services.

We will get it. Push push push.

Very excited about Christmas and all the joy my children will have with their new presents and family parties. May everyone out there have a very
Merry Christmas!

No comments: