Mom is under the knife as I write this. Sisters and brother are all up at the hospital while I attend to nuttiness in our household. The doctors decided on doing an epidural with goofy pills instead of putting her under. In addition, they have givrn her Nexium the past few weeks and another anti-nausea drug today to ward of the problems she has had in the past with anesthesia. I am really hoping this helps.
The cancer has been the least of my mother's pain this past year - where as the her leg/hip/joint pain has been remarkably worse rendering her unable to drive and having to use two canes to walk. I do hope this hip replacement will do the trick. I am worried that it is not the true cause of her pain.
She is having the surgery even though she has lung cancer - however, she currently is cancer free. Her lung capacity is much improved - with a resting capacity as high as 96%! Still, surgery is risky, surgery and being 77 riskier, surgery and mega medications adds something,let's not forget her COPD and astham, and of course surgery and cancer.
She was not nervous and the staff, from the report my sister gave, has been terrific.
OK this just in - she is out of surgery. Things went as expected. I will go up to see her after ballet tonight.
1 comment:
I hope your mother has a speedy recovery.
Post a Comment