Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Our journey isn't new

Zach had a couple of good sessions yesterday. I could tell by the way I was greeted when I came home; two happy kids swirling around me, Zach pulling me to the fridge, me asking him what he wanted to drink, no response, OK, then pouring milk in a cup and asking him if he wanted it and he said and signed milk. HURRAY!

Many of you sports enthusiasts likely know who Dan Marino is. Dan and his wife, Claire Marino, had 6 children, one son with autism. Early intervention was involved and a few years ago, Katie Couric did and interview with the family. Check out how Michael was just a few years ago:
Mike Marino video.

The Marino's started a foundation and have a nice website as a resource to parents, educators, and therapists that can be found at:
http://www.childnett.tv

I am just beginning to look at this website and see what is available.

1 comment:

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

It's great that you have good days once in a while. I hope that Zach will continue to expand his vocabulary.