Zach is not saying a lot these days other than when we try to force the issue. It feels like he is at some sort of plateau. His lead ABA therapist has mentioned she is concerned how long it is taking him to meet some of his targets, and that she believes he should be meeting them faster than he is.
I don't know what to make of this. I feel at the point that autism just baffles me. I don't know what he understands, I don't know how he feels, I don't know if he cares - but I do know that he is hungry. And boy can that kid eat lately. I am not really sure how to address any of his issues. I think it is likely time to get him checked out again - and should probably get on the horn to schedule an evaluation at either Strong or Yale.
1 comment:
I hope this won't fall into the category of more useless advice (if it does just ignore...) but several of Aidan's therapists just started recommending a Hanen course to me. I don't know if you are familiar but it comes with a series of books on speech/communication that are supposed to be used in conjunction with the course but don't have to be. It's too late for us to get in on a course but they told me to get the books anyway. I found them on amazon just searching for "Hanen" anyway they are supposed to offer very practical suggestions, primarily for kids on the autism spectrum but supposedly they work for any speech delay issues.
Post a Comment