Sunday, February 15, 2009

I need Alice



I can no longer keep up - the house is a disaster. I need a cleaning lady NOW! Every time I clean a room, they mess up another one. This is typical stuff I suppose for any mom, right? Steve is at work and I am jealous. I feel like we don't have children, we have terrorists. I go from room to room fearing what disaster I may come upon next. There are toys in every room of the darned house - why is this? The house has dust bunnies big enough to actually fetch a rodent. I am grabbing laundry out of the laundry basket to wear - it's clean, just hasn't made its way onto shelves or into drawers. There is food in the fridge that could very well be a version of probiotics that I never intended. And papers. Oh my gosh. I have more paperwork for Zach than I have had for the tax years ranging from 1986 - 2008. I am buried, and it aint by the Syracuse snow.

For our day off from work - we have an OT appointment and a 2 hour eval for Zach. There may be s speech appointment but it didn't make its way onto the calendar. Will just let that be a surprise for the day.

No updates on Zach - other than he seems to have accepted his therapist L. He didn't cry when she came to the house on Friday. He even let her take him in another room other than the one I was in.

We are to meet with the county this Friday about what is going on. I don't have any idea and sent an email to the program coordinator to give me some ideas of what to expect - particularly, if they found a contract vehicle to throw L. on for us. Why the program coordinator and not our service coordinator? I called our service coordinator and did ask, her response: "I am just the paper pusher at this point." Lovely. I do hope this is not another game.

One thing our new service coordinator did tell me - we were not the only family to request ABA. Hmmm.. When we went to the county you would have thought that we were making requests from the moon. And all along we weren't alone.

Ahhh, Sophie just wrote her name in the dust on the coffee table in the living room and something just sounded like it smashed in my bathroom and my mother just pulled in the driveway. Back to paradise for the insane.

No comments: